The Great Tugboat Race

Whitney III

 Built by Russel Brothers in 1945 as the first original Diesel Vessel on Lake Nipigon. She worked for the G. Gordon Lumber Company with the steam powered sidewheeler Whitney II towing log booms until 1965. From 1965 to 1978 she was owned and operated by the Upper Ottawa Improvement Company on Lake Timikaming and the Ottawa River. In 1978, Howard Avery bought her, replaced her original engine and modified the interior for work and pleasure.




Owner: Avery Construction
Captain: Adam Lyons
Year Built: 1945
Length: 43 Feet
Beam: 11.5 Feet
Draft: 4 Feet
Horsepower: 175






For More Pictures Click Here!

Website Builder