The Great Tugboat Race

Martin E. Johnson

The Martin E. Johnson was built at Owen Sound, Ontario by Russel Hipwell Ltd, for American Can of Canada Ltd of Marathon. She was used for rafting on Lake Superior until 1984 when she was purchased by Purvis Marine Ltd. and moved to Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. She is now being used to break ice and move scows on the St Mary's River.




Owner: Purvis Marine Ltd
Year Built: 1959
Gross Wt: 26 Tons
Length: 47 Feet
Beam: 16 Feet
Draft: 7 Feet
Horsepower: 600



For More Pictures Click Here!

Website Builder