The Great Tugboat Race

Avery Bay

The Moore, built in Sturgeon Bay, WI for the US Army Corps of Engineers, worked in New Orleans until 1952 and then Chicago until the mid 1970's. In 1978 she was lying on the beach in Michigan city, IN without an engine. The Murphy Diesel Company repowered her and she returned to service as a training vessel for the Sea Scouts.

 Tug moore was purchased by the Averys in 2004 at Benton Harbor, MI. Since sailing her home to Pointe Aux Pins major renovations have been done, including new berths, galley, head and engine. She is ready for adventures.





Owner: Dan Avery
Year Built: 1942
Gross Wt: 50 Tons
Horsepower: 435
Length: 53 Feet
Beam: 14.5 Feet
Draft: 6 Feet





For More Pictures Click Here!



Website Builder